HAMPTON PARK OPTOMETRY
Dr. R. J. Tripp
Hampton Park Plaza | 202-1419 Carling Avenue | Ottawa | Ontario | K1Z 7L6
Telephone (613) 759-4939 | Fax (613) 759-4957
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPS)
FOR INFECTION CONTROL DURING COVID 19
NO appointments for patients:
- Anyone over the age of 2 years in the clinic must wear a mask at all times that covers the nose, mouth and chin.
- All patients entering the clinic must use the hand sanitizer provided from the automatic dispenser at reception, complete a screening questionnaire and have their temperature recorded.
- Only the patient requiring services is allowed inside the office unless a parent/guardian or companion is required. The parent/guardian or companion must also complete a screening questionnaire and have their temperature recorded.
- Physical distancing must be respected inside the office.
Optometrists and Staff:
- Must not work while experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Must wear PPE covering nose, mouth and eyes at all times when interacting with patients.
- Must wash hands before and after every patient interaction.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at reception and interacting counters.
- Slit lamp shields have been installed between the patient and optometrist.
- Every instrument, device and appliance that a patient comes into contact with must be sanitized before use with the next patient.
- Direct delivery to patients for contact lens orders is to be the priority.
Areas designated for public use are cleaned with a detergent (waiting room chairs, counters, doors, etc.)
Areas involving clinical procedures (exam rooms and diagnostic areas, tools, instruments) are sanitized with alcohol wipes (70-99% isopropyl alcohol), Lysol wipes (phenolics) and/or 3% hydrogen peroxide.